Health and Safety Measures
Willowtree Farm is committed to keeping their employees and customers safe while on the farm. We are continuing this top priority through this COVID-19 situation. We have consulted the Government of Canada’s online resources for Canadian businesses as our guide for conducting business. We are monitoring the situation and the advice of the Government on a daily basis. As we are considered an essential service, we remain open to the public. As such, we have implemented the following measures for our employees, our customers, and anyone else entering the farm property :
- We are currently only allowing ONE PERSON per family to shop our farm store. While we LOVE that your families love visiting us, eliminating groups of shoppers means we can continue to provide a quieter shopping experience, practice social distancing & keep our doors open to the public.
- Require employees to exercise increased hygienic practices including but not limited to: frequently washing hands with soap and water, avoiding the touching of face, covering mouth when sneezing or coughing, and wearing gloves.
- Employees have access to alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Continuous disinfection in all high touch areas with Lysol and bleach
- Employees are aware of the common symptoms of Coronavirus and are advised to stay home and follow all procedures as specified by the Government of Canada.
- Disinfecting all high touch areas on a consistent basis throughout the day
- Access to cleaning wipes and disinfecting spray at the entrance to our market
- Cleaning wipes, Kleenex, and disinfecting spray at the shopping carts
- Staff wearing gloves to prepare, serve, and clear any food items
- Encourage the 2m guideline for separation between people
- No dine-in service. Only take out is available from our cafe.
- Every morning, our employees must complete the Government’s COVID-19 personal assessment tool and sign off that they answered NO to all questions before starting work.
- Every morning, our employees must have their temperature taken and report any fever 99 degrees or higher to a family member immediately and also not to start work.
- Only one person per family allowed in the store at one time.
Thank you for understanding and patience as we continue to revise this statement as more information arises from the province and Government of Canada.
The McKay Family