Warm Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- 6 cups (1.5 L) peeled cubed (3/4-inch/2 cm) Ontario Sweet Potato
- 1 Ontario Onion, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh Ontario Thyme Leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Ontario Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 8 cups (2 L) Ontario Mixed Salad Greens
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dried cranberries (optional)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled Ontario Goat Cheese (Chèvre)
In large bowl, combine potato and onion; add 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil, thyme and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt. Toss to coat. Spread over 2 large oiled baking sheets. Roast in 375°F (190°C) oven until potatoes are golden and fork-tender, about 30 minutes, switching pans on racks and stirring halfway through.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, tarragon and remaining 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt.
In large salad bowl, place greens; add hot roasted vegetables.
Pour dressing over vegetables. Add cranberries, if using, and toss. Sprinkle with goat cheese and serve.
The sweet potatoes and onions can be roasted ahead. Just warm them in the oven or microwave before tossing with the greens.
Nutrients per serving
1 serving (When recipe serves 8):
Protein: 6 grams
Fat: 11 grams
Carbohydrate: 28 grams
Fibre: 3 grams
Sodium: 425 mg