Skating At The Farm
*Skating is CLOSED for the 2021 season*
We have built an outdoor skating rink for everyone to enjoy! The rink is open on Wednesday afternoons, Thursday afternoons, and all day on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays (weather dependent). You can find it located beside the market near the animal experience. The rink will be supervised at all times by a Willowtree employee.
To be in our skating area you MUST purchase a ticket, regardless of if you are skating yourself or just supervising your children from the sidelines. This policy is in place to help prevent any crowds from forming in the skating area.
Tickets must be pre-booked to skate on the rink.
Cost: $5+hst per person
Every person that is on the rink, must be wearing a helmet at all times.
Includes:1 hour rink time & a small hot chocolate from the cafe.
The capacity of the rink at any given time is 10 people as per public health guidelines. This capacity has been approved by the Durham Region Health Department in accordance with physical distancing measures given the size of our rink. This is also in accordance with O. Reg. 82/20 – Rules for Areas in Stage 1 Sec. 4(1), Schedule 3 which outlines the requirements for outdoor skating rinks and does not set a specific capacity.
A member of the public is limited to booking a max of 5 people at a time and they must be from the same household.
- Everyone must wear a helmet at all times.
- Masks must be worn at all times on the rink.
- All participants must sign & submit a waiver prior to skating. If you would like to save time, you can print the waiver here & fill it out before coming. If you don’t have a printer, copies will be available when you arrive at the farm.
- Please keep 6ft away from people who are not in your bubble.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No strollers allowed.
- No hockey sticks or pucks.
This event is non-refundable. For any changes to your booking, a $2 per ticket rebooking fee will apply and a 24-hour notice will be in effect.
- If I’m supervising my children, do I need to be on the ice with them? If your children are confident on the ice on their own, you can supervise them from the sidelines. You still need to purchase a general admission ticket, however. This is to help avoid any crowds from forming around the rink.
- Are skating aids allowed? Yes, we do allow skating aids as long as they are clean, safe & don’t leave any marks.
- Are strollers allowed? At this time, we are not allowing strollers.
- Can I book the rink for private rentals? During the provincial lockdown, we are not permitting private rink rentals.
- Are there specific times for shinny? Unfortunately, our insurance policy doesn’t allow hockey to be played on the rink.
- How does the one-hour time slot work? The one-hour time slot is reflective of the total time you have within our skating area (both on and off the ice). This includes putting on and taking off your skates. You can come and leave at any time during your time slot.
- I accidentally booked the wrong day, can I change my ticket? The tickets are non-refundable, but if there is availability we can reschedule you to a different day. A $2 / ticket rebooking fee will apply.
- I don’t have a printer, how do I sign the waiver? We will have printed copies available at the skating rink for you to sign
Please note, this event is weather permitting.
Willowtree Farm reserves the right to cancel the booking or the ability to come onto the property for the purposes of ice skating if there is adverse weather and/or unsafe terrain.
If this is the case, participants can choose to reschedule their booking or receive a full refund.
We want to keep everyone safe & healthy while enjoying some outdoor fun! Thank you for respecting these rules.